How Do I Enroll?
Your employer offers a retirement program sponsored by the State Teachers Retirement System of Ohio. Once you are hired, you have 180 days to select your retirement plan. You may select a retirement plan from the following options:
- Defined Benefit plan – your potential retirement income is determined by a calculation using your age, years of service and final average salary
- Defined Contribution 401(a) plan – your potential retirement income is based on the performance of investment options in which you have selected to invest paycheck contributions, and your employer’s contributions.
- Combined plan – your potential retirement income is based on a combination of:
- the performance of your investment selections, and
- your employer’s contributions to your plan, which help to pay for retirement benefits, disability, survivor benefits and access to health care coverage in retirement
If you don’t make a selection, you’ll automatically be enrolled in the Defined Benefit plan. Please contact an STRS Ohio member service representative to review and discuss your options thoroughly. To learn more about investment options, review the Quarterly Fund Performance.
More detailed information on specific funds may be found in the fact sheets.
Make your plan selection choice online via the STRS Ohio website, www.strsoh.org. This is a fast, secure method to make your plan choice. Just log in to your Online Personal Account and click on “Member Information” in the top menu and then “Retirement Plan Selection” under Useful Links. If you haven’t set up your Online Personal Account, just click on the “LOGIN” link on the top right corner of the home page and then click the “Register now” link.
Are you prepared for retirement?
Find out with the My Interactive Retirement PlannerSM